Setting up an Instagram Business Account
Instagram is shutting down access to Personal/Private Instagram Accounts and migrating their platform onto the Facebook Platform (because Facebook owns Instagram) you’ll need to convert all accounts to Instagram Business accounts and link those accounts to Facebook Pages (one page per account).
What do you need to do?
- First, you must have an existing Instagram account - you can signup at Instagram.com
- On a desktop computer* log in to your Facebook.com account.
- On the left sidebar, click Pages.
- Then click the name of the Facebook Page you want to work with.
- On the left side bar of your selected Facebook Page, click Settings. This will then open up your Page settings.(You may need to Switch to your Page's profile first to be able to click/access the Settings.)
- Under your Page settings sidebar, click Linked accounts.
- Select Instagram, Click Connect Account and then go through the confirmation modal.
- In the pop-up Instagram modal, enter your Instagram user name and password and click Log In. If you already have an Instagram business account, your setup is complete. If not, continue to step 9.
- Select Business and set up your business profile up to the last slide.
- In the Email, Phone, and Address fields, edit or remove the information displayed on Instagram and click save. On the success modal, click Done.
After following all the steps above, you should now be set up and can begin adding your connection.
If you encounter any errors, please feel free to contact us for troubleshooting assistance.