Setting up an Instagram Business Account
Instagram is shutting down access to Personal/Private Instagram Accounts and migrating their platform onto the Facebook Platform (because Facebook owns Instagram) you’ll need to convert all accounts to Instagram Business accounts and link those accounts to Facebook Pages (one page per account):
What do you need to do?
- First, you must have an existing Instagram account - you can signup at Instagram.com
- On a desktop computer* log in to your Facebook.com account.
- On the sidebar, click Pages.
- Click the name of Facebook Page you want to work with.
- On the side bar, click Settings. This will then open up your Page settings.
- Under your Page settings sidebar, click Instagram.
- Click Connect Account.
- In the pop-up Instagram modal, set your Instagram message settings then click continue to enter your user name and password and click Log In. If you already have an Instagram business account, your setup is complete. If not, continue to step 9.
- Pick Business and set up your business profile up to the last slide.
- In the Email, Phone, and Address fields, edit or remove the information displayed on Instagram and click save. On the success modal, click Done.
* Although it is possible to convert an Instagram account in the Instagram App there is a bug that sometimes causes the process to fail so Facebook recommends you do this process on a desktop computer