Setting up an Instagram Business Account
Instagram is shutting down access to private Instagram Accounts and migrating their platform onto the Facebook Platform (because Facebook owns Instagram) you’ll need to convert all accounts to Instagram Business accounts and link those accounts to Facebook Pages (one page per account):
What do you need to do?
- First, you must have an existing Instagram account - you can signup at instagram.com
- On a desktop computer* log in to your facebook.com account.
- On the sidebar, under Explore, click Pages.
- Click the name of Facebook Page you want to work with.
- Click Settings.
- Click Instagram.
- Click Log in to log in to your Instagram account.
- In the pop-up Instagram modal, enter your user name and password and click Log In. If you already have an Instagram business account, your setup is complete. If not, continue to step 8.
- In the Set Up Your Business Profile modal, continue to the last slide.
- In the Email, Phone, and Address fields, edit or remove the information displayed on Instagram and click Done. On the success modal, click Done.
* Although it is possible to convert an Instagram account in the Instagram App there is a bug that sometimes causes the process to fail so Facebook recommends you do this process on a desktop computer